Statement Of Faith
We, Believers Of One Messiah (B.O.O.M. Church) a Messianic Hebrew congregation, affirm our belief in the Messiah, Yeshua (Jesus), as the fulfillment of the prophetic scriptures of both the Hebrew Bible (Torah and Tanakh) and the New Testament (Brit Hadasha). We acknowledge the importance of the Torah and Hebrew traditions in our faith, seeking to live out our commitment to God through a blend of Israelite heritage and the teachings of Yeshua (Jesus) as written in the Gospel (Besorah). We embrace a loving and inclusive community that welcomes all nations who seek to know God and follow the path of the Messiah.
We believe in the foundational principle of grace through faith, affirming that salvation is a gift freely bestowed upon humanity by the boundless love and mercy of our Creator. Through faith in the redeeming power of Yeshua Hamashiach (Jesus Christ), we embrace the transformative grace that reconciles us to God, empowering us to live a life marked by love, forgiveness, and service to others. This faith not only guides our spiritual journey but also inspires us to extend grace and compassion to all, recognizing that we are all recipients of God's unmerited favor.
We believe that Yeshua (Jesus Christ) is the only way of salvation, based on the teachings of the Apostles which is the foundation of our faith. We believe that Yeshua (Jesus), as the Son of God born of a virgin, came to earth to offer redemption and reconciliation to humanity. Through his life, death, and resurrection, he provided the atonement for our sins, offering the gift of eternal life to all who place their trust in him.
We believe in the words of Yeshua (Jesus) himself, as recorded in the Gospel, when he said, 'I am the way, and the truth, and the life. No one comes to the Father except through me' (John 14:6). We understand this to mean that salvation is found exclusively through a personal relationship with Yeshua Hamashiach (Jesus Christ).
While we respect the diverse beliefs of others, our faith teaches us that salvation through Yeshua (Jesus) is the central tenet of of our faith written throughout the holy scriptures. It is through this faith in Yeshua (Jesus) as our Savior that we find forgiveness, peace, and the promise of eternal life with God. We extend our love and understanding to all, inviting them to explore and embrace this faith in Yeshua (Jesus) for their own salvation and spiritual journey.
We believe in the commitment to the observance of Biblical feast days as outlined in the Holy Scriptures. We believe that these appointed times hold profound spiritual significance and are a meaningful part of our faith.
• Authority of the Bible: We believe that the Bible, both the Old and New Testaments, is the inspired and authoritative Word of God, and we look to it as our guide for faith and practice, including the observance of feast days.
• Appointed Times: We acknowledge the importance of the Biblical feast days, including Passover, Unleavened Bread, Firstfruits, Pentecost, Trumpets, Atonement, and Tabernacles, as outlined in Leviticus 23 and other relevant passages.
• Redemptive Significance: We recognize that these feast days have redemptive significance, foreshadowing God's plan of salvation through Yeshua Hamashiach (Jesus Christ), our Passover Lamb, and the outpouring of the Ruach Hakodesh (Holy Spirit) on Pentecost.
• Cultural and Historical Understanding: We approach the observance of these feast days with respect for their cultural and historical context, recognizing their importance in the life of ancient Israel.
• Fulfillment in Christ: We believe that while the ceremonial aspects of these feasts may no longer be obligatory, they are still valuable for deepening our understanding of Christ's work and the spiritual truths they represent.
• Community and Fellowship: We encourage gathering as a community to celebrate these feast days, fostering fellowship, worship, and a sense of unity among believers.
• Freedom in Christ: We affirm that the observance of feast days should be done with a spirit of liberty, recognizing that individuals and congregations may choose to observe them to varying degrees based on their convictions and understanding of Scripture.
• Teaching and Discipleship: We commit to teaching and discipling others about the Biblical feast days, sharing their significance, and encouraging a deeper walk with God through their observance by commemorating them through Yeshua (Jesus) because of our salvation and not for salvation.
• Prayer and Reflection: We believe that the observance of feast days should be accompanied by prayer, reflection, and a focus on the spiritual lessons they offer.
• Unity in Diversity: We acknowledge that within the body of Christ, there may be different interpretations and practices regarding the observance of feast days. We commit to maintaining unity in love and respect for one another, even in our differences.